Saturday 30 August 2014

Week 5



Poster and Pitch.

What did I learn about our concept/ the project/ the brief/ the design process from the feedback received? From other teams concepts?
We received a fair amount of feedback on our concept. In particular, the most common feedback/problem that we may have is accurately making the location of the supernatural events. As the name suggests these are 'supernatural'/not real and therefore do not have any credible sources or data to verify any event other than common agreeance. In regards to utilising Trove, after a preliminary search, Trove  does not return the pinpoint address of events. Further discussion on this will be needed.

It was good being able to go around and view the concepts from other teams. Many quite well developed even at this stage of the project. A couple that stood out to me was the History Chains and the Natural Disaster Map. I though the History Chains Concept was quite a cool idea and I think could have a lot of potential of actually being a successful concept  in the real world. Natural Disaster Map also stood out to me because it fairly similar to our concept and was our initial concept. It was interesting to see the other group's take on the idea and further progress they had made from the initial base concept.


How have these realisations affected my/our own concept and process since?
Most of all, I think viewing all the other groups has made me realise that we as a group need to start getting a bit of move on. Many of the groups had very well developed ideas with solutions to complex problems. We are thinking of the complex problems but are no where near planning for solutions yet. I think our concept needs a bit more thought, and I still have my apprehensions that this idea is going to be too difficult to successfully implement due to the nature of the data surrounding the concept. I do think a final 'yey or ney' needs to be made soon though so we can all but as much effort into finishing it on time as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment