Friday 1 August 2014

Post 1

Based on what I know of this course, I expect to be working amongst a team to create a web based application pertaining to the trove database this semester.
I want to learn/experience what it will be like working in a small team for technology projects to give a taste of how tech companies are run out in the real world.
I’m worried about coming up with an effective idea/concept reasonably quickly so the rest of the project can run smoothly.
I hope that I can take what I learn in this course (both good and bad experiences) away with me and give me some direction in future studio courses.
What are your expectations for this course? I think the 'core' of this course will run much like DECO1100 but our teams will be creating something that is not only relevant to our degree but potentially something of a standard that is perfectly applicable as a tool which could be used immediately after completion by someone on the web. I think the course will be interesting and give a good insight into how many tech companies in the real world operate and the many problems that are encountered on the way to creating a finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment